7.12.2010

response to a week of love...


Upon returning from camp we've received some feedback from a foster mom whose little girl will soon reunite with a biological father she barely knows:

         "I have to tell you that, before camp, the stress of our situation had gotten to both of us, and we were having seemingly incessant conflict. She'd become irreverent, disrespectful and just plain mean. We were in a terrible place.  When I dropped her off for camp I was so afraid of how she'd behave.
         When she approached me on returning from camp, I immediately felt her peace. The child I picked up has been beautiful, kind, and sweet—more so than I have ever known her to be. What magic the volunteers performed.  
         I am so grateful to you for rescuing our fragile little family unit! I have such a short time left to spend with her and, now, thanks to all of you, it won't be filled with difficulty. We'll be able to really enjoy one another's company. Thank you!"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this :)
    Our job is to plant seeds... nice to hear some of them are growing!

    -jax

    ReplyDelete